I was skinny for most part of my life and I could eat anything and everything but never gained weight, so I never even thought about exercising, though sport had always been part of my school life. I was an athlete from primary school through high school. I ran long distance races, I did high jump, long jump and swimming, so I never had serious weight issues.
Things started ‘falling apart’ when I turned 30 though. I started gaining weight easily and It felt like even just looking at food made me gain weight, so I seriously considered incorporating workouts in my daily routine. I started running though not consistently in the beginning.
My colleague introduced me to INSANITY WORKOUT, created by fitness trainer, Shaun T but I didn’t like it because it was too intense and long (60 Minutes). After one trial, I told Christine, I wasn’t going to do It again because the following day I was walking like a duck. She then suggested I try Focus T25 created by Shaun T too . It’s a10-week high intensity workout program and Its only 25 minutes. Its less intense but intense enough to make you sweat buckets….I was instantly hooked and I love It! Its become my go-to workout next to Max 30, (shorter version of Insanity) and I’ve done a few rounds of T25 and I am actually on It now for the 100th time :-). I always do either T25 or Max 30 from fall through winter because even though I love running, I don’t enjoy running in the freezing temperatures, so I opt for indoor workouts.
If you looking for a workout that will guarantee results in a short time, T25 is the one for you, It really works if you are consistent.
The most important thing is to find something you like. We all can’t run, do insanity, skip or swim, find something you enjoy doing, something that will become part of your daily routine.
why do I work out?
- I work out for weight loss
- I work out because I love my body and I want to take care of it
- Working out improves my mood
- Exercise helps strengthen my body
- It helps to keep my brain active
- It improves the health of my skin
- It helps improve my sleep quality
- It energizes and rejuvenate me
- It lowers my stress levels
- Exercising regularly also helps to keep chronic diseases a bay
- I want to look younger than my age 🙂
- working out keeps me sane
What I don’t do:
- I don’t starve myself, I eat everything I want but in moderation.
- I don’t count calories but I do portion control
- I don’t believe in denying myself yummy things like ice cream, a cookie, cake or chocolate, If I feel like eating any of that, I eat it BUT I know I have to run a 5km the next day or workout.
- I don’t compare myself to anyone, Its my journey, I am doing this on my own for myself, It’s not a race,
- I don’t do something because everyone is doing it, I do what I like and what works for me.
- I don’t do quick fixes, I prefer to so something sustainable because fitness is a life style. Fade diets can do more harm than good to your body. Skinny is not the goal, fit is.
- I don’t comment on people’s weight whether skinny or big because its a very sensitive topic unless they ask my opinion.
What I try to do to stay healthy:
- Drink a lot of water
- Exercise at least three times a day
- Eat balanced healthy meals
- Try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep
- Try to avoid stress (though sometimes its unavoidable)
- I listen to my body…I know my body can handle anything but I don’t push It when I feel exhausted, I rest when I feel need it because resting is part of the fitness program.
I hope this motivates you to do even a 20-minute walk everyday.