Yesterday morning, as I took my usual long Saturday walk, I started reflecting on my life….. where I am, where I would like to be what I would like to achieve etc.
I thought about how great things are happening in the lives of people around me, how friends are testifying in different areas of their lives and I had an overwhelming feeling of self pity. I felt like year after year, I am struggling about the same things, like I am just going round and round in circles and ending up in the same spot.
As I was celebrating my son’s 24th birthday today, I was reminded that I had something wonderful to be thankful for, my son! Then I saw today’s WordPress Daily Prompt word, GRATITUDE, then I said to myself, I know Lord, you are reminding me to be grateful. I am so thankful for blessing me with the most precious gift I’ve ever received, the gift of my son, who has showed me how unconditional love looks like.
I may not be where I want and I am going through some tough times but I have a lot to be thankful for.
Here are but a few of some of the things I am grateful for:
- I am grateful that I woke up today when others didn’t make it through the night.
- I am grateful for a roof over my head, I am not sleeping on a bench in the cold in a park somewhere
- I am grateful that I have a job I can go to everyday when other people are searching for one
- I am grateful for an extended family and great friends
- I am grateful for the breath of life
- I am grateful for the free gift of salvation
- I am grateful for the faithfulness of My God who sustained me and seen me through the toughest times of my life
- I am grateful for my health and renewed strength everyday
- I am thankful for what God has done, what He is doing and yet to do in my life and I will testify of the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
I may not understand what’s going on in my life but I will Trust the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. Proverbs 3:5.
Focus on what you have, not what you don’t have, there’s always something to be thankful for.